You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I want to shape the bottom edge of an image. In CorelDraw I would convert a placed image to curves and use the node tool to pick each bottom corner and move up to give me a curved bottom edge. Doing the same in Designer doesn't work. Selecting the node tool allows no selection at all. Where have I gone wrong?

‘Convert to Curves’ doesn’t do anything to a pixel layer, but a placed image should be an ‘Image’ layer which behaves as you expect.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Not for me it doesn't. I did it again. Placed an image, clicked the node tool and it doesn't select.  I then rasterised and trimmed it and the layer said pixel but again the node tool does nothing. Do I have to create a pixel layer in which to place it or do something to add nodes?

To be clear I am trying to create a curved bottom edge to a rectangular image.

attached is the simlest approach I am using to demo - just a placed image and cannot use the node tool

Capture.JPG

On the iPad version of AD it works as I described. Can you post a screenshot of your Layers panel?

Alfred spacer.png

Did you miss the step "Convert to curves" here? Otherwise a screenshot of the Layer panel or the file itself would be useful.

PS: Alfred was too fast for me. ;)

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

11 minutes ago, Patrick Bell said:

ah that its. I had rasterised and trimmed first I guess

That would explain it!

41 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

Did you miss the step "Convert to curves" here? Otherwise a screenshot of the Layer panel or the file itself would be useful.

PS: Alfred was too fast for me. ;)

In your original post you wrote

1 hour ago, Patrick Bell said:

I want to shape the bottom edge of an image. In CorelDraw I would convert a placed image to curves and use the node tool to pick each bottom corner and move up to give me a curved bottom edge. Doing the same in Designer doesn't work. Selecting the node tool allows no selection at all. Where have I gone wrong?

so I assumed you had already performed that crucial step. :)

Alfred spacer.png