You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo fails to apply filter to all selected objects

A shape has to be Rasterized when you use the destructive Gaussian Blur filter. The program can only rasterize one shape at a time, hence only one shape gets blurred.

One way to do what you want to do (without rasterizing the shapes) would be to group the three shapes then apply a Live Gaussian Blur filter directly to the group

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Thanks for the info.

This information should be communicated to the user, either by greying out inapplicable actions or presenting a dialog. The program shouldn't just arbitrarily perform the action on one of several selected objects. Nor should it rasterize vector objects without informing the user.

• Staff
On 5/18/2020 at 10:15 PM, Stokestack said:

"Nor should it rasterize vector objects without informing the user."

You should see a bubble appear to the top right of the app from the Assistant if it has to rasterise something I believe.

Assistant.PNG

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Thanks for the reply.

I guess you might see that, if you were staring at an irrelevant corner of the screen that is opposite to where the control for the filter appears... and happen to notice it before it disappears on its own. Rasterization is a destructive action that should require user approval. Not to mention that there's still no apparent reason to pick one arbitrary shape out of a multiple selection and rasterize it, but not the others.

I realize that you've smushed the window down to conserve space, but here's how ineffectual this UI is in a realistic scenario (on an iMac, in this case).

noRealNotice.png