You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to install Nik Collection on Affinity Photo

Hi, I searched in the forum but I can't find the answer. 

Can someone post an official HOW TO install the Nik collection on Affinity Photo guide?

Remember, I DON'T have photoshop so I can't install the plugin and than search in the folders the files to copy, I need a guide only for affinity photo.

Thanks a lot

PS: can someone at Serif contact Google and ask them to support natively Affinity Photo with their products  :) ?

• Staff

Welcome to the forums Tehillim!

Another user did create a Video Tutorial but it's no longer available. To install the Nik Plug-ins without PS installed, you will need to run the Nik Collection Installer and when promoted with the below screen, click the + button to add your own custom location. This is where the plug-ins will be installed to.

post-19-0-70897900-1438274691_thumb.png

When the Nik Collection installation completes, follow the instructions provided in Affinity Photo's built-in help. If you search for "Using Plug-ins", you'll find them.

Hope this helps!

It has been said several times that Topaz plugins work with Affinity Photo. I have followed the Help instructions multiple times and get the following results...I add the following to the "Plugin search folders" window.../Applications/PhotoshopCS6/plugins/TopazAdjust5/Topaz_adjust5.plugin. Instead what shows up in that window is this.../Library/Application support/TopazLabs/Adjust5/plugins/Topaz_adjust5.plugin. I add the "/" to the Plugin search folder window in the manor described by the help files and then close the preferences window and restart Affinity Photo. I open an image and then go to the filters menu/plugins and there is nothing there.

Does anyone know what if anything I am doing wrong?

Hello,

The way to find the plug-ins TopazLabs: Library>App Support>TopazLabs>Plug-ins Name. This folder can added in Affinity Folder.

The way to find The Affinity Plug-ins Folder : 

Personal Library>Containers>com.seriflabs.affinityphoto>Data>Library>Application support>Plugins

Enjoy!

www.digigravure.com

Digital Phototypes - Medieval Art & Preraphaelites

Topaz Plugins : Adjust, Detail