You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Eraser tool causing blurry vector

So I wanted to get rid on some elements of my design in order to make it appear like they were overlapping so I went in and masked out the areas I didn't want with the eraser but when I took the vector into Photoshop to play with mock ups the areas that the eraser tool touched are now super blurry while the rest is fine. How do I fix this? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Rachel_M

Welcome to the forums :)

I apologise for the delayed response this is not typically the case on our forum.

How did you erase part of your design? As there is no Eraser Tool in the Vector Persona of Designer. If you switched to the Pixel Persona then you will have rasterised the elements of your design you used the tool on which will create this blurry effect as they are no longer vector.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

On 5/13/2020 at 9:06 PM, Rachel_M said:

How do I fix this

Simply use apps that have real vector brushes or use “Erase” instead of “Normal” in the layer panel and a high resolution when exporting or use Boole or vector masks or …

10 minutes ago, Callum said:

How did you erase part of your design? As there is no Eraser Tool in the Vector Persona of Designer. If you switched to the Pixel Persona then you will have rasterised the elements of your design you used the tool on which will create this blurry effect as they are no longer vector.

No, a vector object is not rasterised by the Eraser Brush Tool of Pixel Persona. What happens is that a pixel mask is added to the vector object. Later, when exporting, the masked vector object might be rasterised or it might remain as a masked vector object, depending on the export format.

• Staff
Just now, anon2 said:

No, a vector object is not rasterised by the Eraser Brush Tool of Pixel Persona. What happens is that a pixel mask is added to the vector object. Later, when exporting, the masked vector object might be rasterised or it might remain as a masked vector object, depending on the export format.

Thank you my mistake.

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.