Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi

In the intro Affinity video which I can't find, a photo had a running dog removed very simply and I am not sure how to do it. The Clone tool does not seem to do what was demonstrated. Any help appreciated, I want to remove the finger 

Thanks, Stuart 

pam_and_stuart.afphoto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, SF Charter Boat said:

The Clone tool does not seem to do what was demonstrated.

What do you mean by that?

Is it not working at all or not working in a specific way that was demonstrated?

Your attached document is fine and the clone tool works on that document

(Addition work has been done on the attached image, not just cloning)

 

 

 

 

 

pam_and_stuart.jpg


Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be worried about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, thank you. That is exactly what I was hoping for! Did you use the clone tool? I started with the hair on the left and did not know what to do further with the finger. What I meant in my question is how to replace the background, in this case the chin, and remove the finger and there was one very beginning AF video where it had a dog running toward the camera and I believe it was outlined in some manner and it was removed and the grass replaced it. There was another AF video of a boy jumping from a dock and I think the boy in mid air was removed but I can't recall,  so I am trying to find the right tool and how to make the outline. Thanks for your help!

PS I just tried to remove the idiotic words on the red cap and tried the clone tool but I could not get it to work. I had a small circle and hit the 'option' key to establish the color, but I did something wrong obviously

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SF Charter Boat said:

Wow, thank you. That is exactly what I was hoping for! Did you use the clone tool? I started with the hair on the left and did not know what to do further with the finger. What I meant in my question is how to replace the background, in this case the chin, and remove the finger and there was one very beginning AF video where it had a dog running toward the camera and I believe it was outlined in some manner and it was removed and the grass replaced it. There was another AF video of a boy jumping from a dock and I think the boy in mid air was removed but I can't recall,  so I am trying to find the right tool and how to make the outline. Thanks for your help!

PS I just tried to remove the idiotic words on the red cap and tried the clone tool but I could not get it to work. I had a small circle and hit the 'option' key to establish the color, but I did something wrong obviously

My guess is you did not select the right layer. No effort in this as it is sloppy, but you can see it does work when the right layer is selected 

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 12.25.27 PM.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SF Charter Boat said:

one very beginning AF video where it had a dog running toward the camera and I believe it was outlined in some manner and it was removed and the grass replaced it. There was another AF video of a boy jumping from a dock and I think the boy in mid air was removed

This sounds more like they were demonstrating the Inpainting Tool which is what I initially used as my starting point, after that a little bit of Cloning around the jaw line then the Mesh Warp Tool to smooth/straighten the jaw line and then dodge and burn to try to blend it all in

 


Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be worried about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I was on the wrong layer to remove the lettering. Does AF have a tool to removal all those hats in the world?

Could not find the Inpainting tool on the side bar with the tools, that sounds about what I remember, where can I find it please?

thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SF Charter Boat said:

Yes, I was on the wrong layer to remove the lettering. Does AF have a tool to removal all those hats in the world?

Could not find the Inpainting tool on the side bar with the tools, that sounds about what I remember, where can I find it please?

thank you!

I circled the tool you can use on the right side of the image I uploaded before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.