You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text Spacing Menu Problem

Hi Sean. I may have made a mistake on this one.

After rolling over the various sizes in the drop down menu I clicked on the menu bar at the top to get out of the size drop down menu but the text stays the same size as the last size that was rolled over in that menu. I've just realised that if you click again anywhere in the black area outside of the image, that text reverts back to it's original size. I'm pretty sure it wasn't doing that before but it's doing it now so apologies for the wasted time.

On 4/27/2020 at 7:11 PM, Afromalone said:

the last size that was rolled over with the cursor is automatically selected even though it wasn't pressed or clicked on

On 4/28/2020 at 4:03 PM, Sean P said:

what you're doing after rolling over the values that makes it get applied. Are you able to create a screen recording demonstrating this issue please?

I experience such an unexpected change of font size in two ways:

a.) Click very short on the arrow next to the size field –> it makes the last used size become selected, for no recognizable reason:

b.) Click a little longer on the arrow next to the size field to open the menu. Now try to leave the menu without selecting any size by moving the cursor away from the menu –> the bottom value gets unintentionally selected and its size assigned:

While the first (short click) might be a feature (?), the second (leave menu) must not result in a change of a value, in particular the UI still shows in the menu the previous size as ticked.

This also occurs in APub.

To me both behaviours are confusing, especially compared to the click on the stroke UI in the toolbar, 1186978093_toolbarstrokeUI.jpg.e081161638aa58698afba6e58d7461cc.jpg where I often think/feel that a click on it would make it become a slider and would allow to alter the width quickly. But instead it needs a click first to get access and open the separate stroke dialog window. So, sometimes it needs a click to get access at all, sometimes a click opens a menu but doesn't need a selection, and sometimes a click changes a value.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff

Thanks for the videos Thomaso,

Annoyingly I can't fully reproduce the issue you're seeing. What I do see is that the previous size is getting highlighted when I click to expand the font size dropdown, however it never actually gets applied like in your case. I've tried in Separated Mode (looks like what you're using) however still not getting any of that behaviour. What are you using to interact with the UI, is it a trackpad, tablet, magic mouse, USB mouse etc?

41 minutes ago, Sean P said:

click to expand the font size dropdown

Both issues occur with both a wired USB mouse (lenovo, L/RMB + scroll wheel) and the macbook's trackpad (tap for the short click / 'real' click for menu).

The menu is especially weird in 3 aspects:
a.) the previous font size remains ticked.
b.) the unwanted entry gets selected only if I either release the mouse/pad button or move the cursor in the opened menu, so, as long I hold pressed and/or don't move the 288 won't get highlighted.
c.) if I click besides the text frame after b.) then the size gets reset. (haven't noticed that before, haven't proofed yet if that's always the case).

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1