You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

NO FACING PAGES! (Affinity Publisher)

What version are you using? You can see the Facing Pages in Document Setup not Spread Setup.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Then you are using ADesigner not APublisher as your title mentioned. In ADesigner there are no Facing Pages.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Wrong, sorry you are in APublisher, but you made a document with ArtBoards and with ArtBoards there are no Facing Pages. Sorry for this.

------

3 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

Wrong, sorry you are in APublisher, but you made a document with ArtBoards and with ArtBoards there are no Facing Pages. Sorry for this.

previously i saw both pages facing! now for some reasons it does not show up anymore. but it worked previously (even with artboards!)

Sorry for the confusion. On Windows you can't go back to a "normal" pages mode once you created a document with Artboards in the Designer Persona. Making a new document within the Designer Persona there is a clickable option for Facing Pages even when Create Artboard is checked, which makes no sense. I don't know how to change it back.

designerpersona.jpg

publisherpersona.jpg

------

im working on a mac not windows.
What it feels to be strange is, that i importet artboards from affinity and all artboards were inserted to pages in publisher. previously i saw the pages side by side then i unchecked the option because i needed to export it on single pages and when was going back and want to recheck the option to show side by side its gone. disapeared! maybe i do something wrong in settings i dont know...

13 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

Sorry for the confusion. On Windows you can't go back to a "normal" pages mode once you created a document with Artboards in the Designer Persona. Making a new document within the Designer Persona there is a clickable option for Facing Pages even when Create Artboard is checked, which makes no sense. I don't know how to change it back.

Edited by jelkomme

4 hours ago, jelkomme said:

What it feels to be strange is, that i importet artboards from affinity and all artboards were inserted to pages in publisher. previously i saw the pages side by side then i unchecked the option because i needed to export it on single pages and when was going back and want to recheck the option to show side by side its gone. disapeared! maybe i do something wrong in settings i dont know...

How did you get the artboards into your Publisher document?

For us to understand what is happening you'll need to describe your workflow from the time you did the File > Open or the File > New.

A document in Publisher can have:

• A Master Page and one or more document pages; or
  • One or more document document pages, but no Master page; or
  • One or more Artboards, and no document or Master pages.

No other configurations are supposed to be possible.

From a screenshot earlier in this thread, you have Master Pages, document pages, and Artboards. That is an impossible configuration, so you have a broken document.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

To be honet i dont really remember how this was done! i thing i dragged the whole affinity designer document just inside Apublisher. i tried to delete the first page wich was an artboard... then like magic the facing age option appeared again! NOW i have the problem that site 1 and site 2 are not together! site 1 is by its own!
is there an option to start facing pages from page 1`?

Edited by jelko

It's probably not possible to get what you want.

If you Open the Designer document, or drag it into Publisher as a new document, you should be asked about converting the Artboards to Spreads. You should let the conversion happen.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

It's probably not possible to get what you want.

If you Open the Designer document, or drag it into Publisher as a new document, you should be asked about converting the Artboards to Spreads. You should let the conversion happen.

okay, i need your help! let me try to explain:

in my affinity publisher file ive git 60 sites wich includes the book cover. Unfortunatelly or in some kind of way the first two sites (wich are the book cover) are together titled as "Artboard" so i think my file is corruped and i dont know hof to save my work because the whole book is in this publisher document!

as a solution i tought about to open the publisher file with affinity dsigner, wich worked (BUT affinity only opens ONE single site?) how to show more sites?

or have u got a bette solution?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-08 um 16.01.10.png

Without having the actual file I don't think I can provide more advice. It may take someone from Serif can (somehow) fix the file, or explain what we're seeing.

About opening it in Designer: You'll find a Page Navigator on the lower left of the screen, next to the status bar, that will let you navigate between pages. But it won't help you with getting Facing Pages, as that feature is only part of Publisher.

-- Walt
PC:

6 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Without having the actual file I don't think I can provide more advice. It may take someone from Serif can (somehow) fix the file, or explain what we're seeing.

About opening it in Designer: You'll find a Page Navigator on the lower left of the screen, next to the status bar, that will let you navigate between pages. But it won't help you with getting Facing Pages, as that feature is only part of Publisher.

well, i see the navigator, but there is only ONE page inside! All other pages of the document are not visible for me inside the navigator....

wher to contact someone from sherif? in order to help me?

Edited by jelko

Someone from Serif should see this at some point; they're very busy at the moment.

-- Walt
PC:

Here's a thought for you in an attempt to get you Facing Pages:

1. Create a new document in Publisher (File > New), and set it up with the characteristics you want, including Facing Pages and any Master Pages you need. I would (I think) start with 2 pages in the document, and set to starting on the Left side. But this may take some experimentation.
  2. Right-click on a page in the Pages panel, and choose Add Pages From File.
  3. In the dialog, choose your current file, and say to include all the pages.

If you're lucky, that will get you closer to what you want.

-- Walt
PC:

Grrr, I should look first where Walt is roaming around, before writing more or less the same answer.

If jelko would post the file without the images others could help too.

------

You're welcome.

Serif may be interested (eventually) in seeing the broken file, so please hang onto it in case they want to give you a private upload link for it.

-- Walt
PC:

1 minute ago, walt.farrell said:

You're welcome.

Serif may be interested (eventually) in seeing the broken file, so please hang onto it in case they want to give you a private upload link for it.

well the problem is still there :( i think i need this private upload link just in case for serif to help me... otherwise ALL THE WORK and hours of hours of patience and love would be lost forever... i ned that asap.!

17 minutes ago, jelko said:

well the problem is still there

How does the problem manifest now?

-- Walt
PC: