You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Loading Macros in Affinity Photo

I have the doc "A Guide to installing creative resources downloaded from the Affinity Store." The Assets Studio is mentioned, and it tells me to import assets through the Assets Studio, but it doesn't tell me how to get those assets onto the iPad in the first place. Does the Assets Studio make a connection to my account on the Affinity Store and let me choose which to import?

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 9.54.48 PM.png

2 hours ago, inspiredmac said:

I have the doc "A Guide to installing creative resources downloaded from the Affinity Store." The Assets Studio is mentioned, and it tells me to import assets through the Assets Studio, but it doesn't tell me how to get those assets onto the iPad in the first place. Does the Assets Studio make a connection to my account on the Affinity Store and let me choose which to import?

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 9.54.48 PM.png

The macro files you show have an ‘s’ at the end, ie .afmacros not .afmacro. An .afmacros file is a macro library containing one or more macros. As such you must import into the macros library, you have it on the tab next to macros at the left hand side of your screenshot.

Click the libraries tab, then there are controls on the top right of that tab to import your macro libraries.

EDIT: Sorry I have just described how to load on desktop. For iPad see the image to do likewise, login to your affinity account and download your files using safari, your downloads will be in you downloads folder in iCloud Drive as shown. Alternatively if you have already downloaded .afmacros files to desktop you can create a folder in iCloud Drive on Mac and pick them up from same folder from iPad.

8DFC2106-6435-4441-A225-E72BE7B5E208.jpeg

FE2340D7-0917-494D-B861-2B5E08DC4842.jpeg

0F30E85F-B367-4306-B671-31E41648BA9F.jpeg

962F3DC7-65E2-44A7-9B3B-252EBD1DEA3F.jpeg

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help