You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mac Trackpad Pinch Zoom Not Working in v 1.8

Loving Designer v 1.8.2 on iMac (running OS 10.14.6). Since I upgraded, the pinch-zoom gesture on Apple Magic Trackpad no longer works on Affinity. Pinch-zoom still works on all other programs I use on the iMac. I noticed someone was having the same problem on Windows. Any thoughts?

• Staff

Hi BillCMartin,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! Could you please open Affinity Designer>Preferences>Tools and make sure the gesture option for trackpads is checked here?

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

On 3/25/2020 at 11:26 AM, Dan C said:

Could you please open Affinity Designer>Preferences>Tools and make sure the gesture option for trackpads is checked here?

Thanks for the idea, Dan. But when I open Affinity Designer>Preferences>Tools I don't see a gesture option for anything. See screenshot of Preferences>Tools dialogue box.

Image 27-03-2020 at 15.32.jpg

• Staff

Apologies for the delayed response and many thanks for your screenshot. The option I was referring to has since been removed from Affinity preferences and is now set to be on, so not to worry here.

Could you please open System Preferences>Trackpad then disable 'pinch to zoom', renable it and let me know if this changes the behaviour?

Other users have reported that 3rd party apps such as Magnet (for snapping windows) can cause this function to stop working in Affinity - do you have this app (or similar) installed?

https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/8az0ol/pinch_to_zoom_always_stops_working_completely_on/

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Thanks Dan C. I've just opened up Designer, Publisher and Photo this morning - having changed nothing on my system - and the pinch to zoom facility is working again. I don't understand what may have caused it to stop or - even more curiously - why it should have resumed. Any thoughts?

But I'm glad it's working as it should again and thanks for taking the trouble to respond to my question.

Stay safe.

• Staff

No problem at all, I'm very glad to hear this is now working - how strange!

I suspect this was a system/app 'hiccup' and it's unlikely you'll experience this again, but if you do please do let me know :)

Thank you, you too!

Please note -

Many thanks!

• 1 year later...