You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mistakenly purchased OS X version instead Windows

I found that Affinity is offering all their applications for -50%, and decided to purchase the Publisher so I would get rid of another software that doesn't work so great on Windows, and made purchase via my phone. 

And I didn't see that it was for OS X version instead Windows as I have completely forgotten that those serial keys are different, and it is easy thing as when I pressed the "-50% off" link on main page after coming to site with google using "Affinity Publisher Windows" link, I saw only this:

affinity_publisher.thumb.png.583e089673d34ac129ab9d9fdfed71a2.png

And as you can see, there was nothing on the screen about Windows or OS X but just "Buy now €27.99" and didn't notice any other point question for that for which one it was as I went straight to the payment method. And after I went to my account, I noticed it was for OS X and not for Windows. 

I haven't downloaded or activated the serial, so is there a change to get that changed to Windows version, or do I need to withdraw it through my credit card company and buy a Windows version instead?

IMHO, the Software version should be drop-down list in each application and it should default to "Choose" and not allow to purchase anything until all software in the basket are selected for a wanted platform version. 

11 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Mistakes happen.

Agreed, Andy, but the OP’s point — a good point well made, as they say — is that mistakes like this would be reduced if the purchase page always forced you to choose instead of defaulting to one OS or the other.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)