You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do you remove plugins from Affinity Photo please? I have an old version of Nik which I want to clean from my system. It seems to be all over the place. I want to do this so I can install the latest version using the instructions provided by DxO and agreed with Affinity. I don't think the current plugin is complete and working properly. Thank you.

• Staff

Hi WendoverMan,
Why do you think the plugin is not complete/failing to work for you? Does it appear in the Filters > Plugins menu inside Affinity?

There's a step during the installation where you have to manually create a folder where to install the plugin files - maybe you missed it. Follow the instructions on this video. Pay attention to the section that starts at 0:40s where James click the "+" button to add a custom folder to where install the plugin files. This folder must be created manually by you. James has created it on his desktop and called it Plugins but I advise you to create the folder inside the Applications folder on your Mac and call it Photoshop Plugins (or whatever you see fit). Then, when you click the "+" button (as in the 0:40s in the video) point it to that folder you just created and continue following the rest of the instructions in the video. The Nik installer will create a new folder named/labelled DxO inside the folder you created - this is where all plugin files will be placed - and its the folder you have to browse to/add to the Plugin Search Folder section in Affinity Photo Photoshop Plugins Preferences. 

Regarding uninstalling: the DMG file that contains the installer for the Nik Collection, also contains an Uninstaller. Run it to uninstall Nik Collection from your system.

nik_collection_uninstaller.jpg

Let me know if you still have trouble.

Thanks MEB for your help but I'm not quite there with the plugin install. In the screenshot attached the "Authorise Global' button is greyed out. How do I fix this? I believe that once I am able to click on "Authorise Global' I then click on "Authorise' both without selecting anything and after restarting Affinity Photo I should be there and able to use the Nik Collection.Thanks in anticipation of your further help.

Screenshot 2020-03-12 at 22.15.01.jpg

10 hours ago, WendoverMan said:

In the screenshot attached the "Authorise Global' button is greyed out.

That usually means global authorization is already enabled. Have you tried using the filters?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7