You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Help: updated to v 1.8 and my files do not open anymore

• Staff

@Birgit Finland

As you have now found, we have a beta available that addresses this problem for some customers so I would like any readers of your thread to try the Windows Publisher beta or Mac Publisher beta before creating your own thread

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

I can open your files fine on my system, doesn't depend on the order of opening, I can have all three open at the same time and switch between them. The issue may relate to a used resource in someway as that is something I don't have on my system, and a couple of fonts. I'm passing your files over to our QA team to take a look to see if they can spot anything in the files that narrow down the cause.

• Staff

Those files also open fine for me in Publisher 1.8.2 you'll need to let me know which you're trying to replace and is the app crashing or just not replacing the image?

Since all your resources seem to be stored in the same location I try renaming one of the main root folders.

For example, if my resources for a file where stored like this:

Current location: Business\Resources\Printing\

Renamed to: Business-new\Resources\Printing\

This should break the resources links, the files should then open like they do on my system, this will confirm if the issue is resources related.

Hi Again,

I took a couple of screen shoots, for you. And took your resource advise. The issue I was talking about happened on page 3+4. I was not even able to apply to these pages the master. So I deleted the pages and inserted a new master page. Now it seams to work again. I was able to fix it. Thanks for trying to work out that font issue in the Pdf safes as well. The fonts I am using are Bodoni MT and Bodoni 72. PDF-file ending: _ 1.2_beta2 export has Bodoni MT and PDF file ending: _1.2_beta3 export has Bodoni 72. (I am using windows 10)

Hope this helps. Thanks for your help.

Capture 1.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

Shell_layer_woven_1_gusset_instructions_1.2_beta2_export.pdf Shell_layer_woven_1_gusset_instructions_1.2_beta3_export.pdf