You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Just updated, now it crashes when I use this shortcut...

I just updated to the new version, restarted, and opened up a document. I was trying to remove the white background, so I used Ctrl+W to select, then clicked on Select and chose "Select Sampled Color." Since I use this often I can't remember if I set the shortcut or if it's native to Photo, but there's a shortcut for "Select Sampled Color," Alt+S. But every time I hit Alt+S, and I've tried it several times now in different stages of the program, it closes immediately. No crash code, just closed. Anybody know why?

I'm using Windows 10. Happens on every document. Even happens with Keyboard Preferences open; I hit Alt+S, and Affinity closes. Boom.

Edited by isa53design

PS - Just tried changing the shortcut to Alt+D. Still closes when I use that shortcut. But clicking from the dropdown menu to "Select Sampled Color" works as it should. Weird.

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities:

the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

- Isaiah 53:5

7 hours ago, isaiah53design said:

I just updated to the new version, restarted, and opened up a document. I was trying to remove the white background, so I used Ctrl+W to select, then clicked on Select and chose "Select Sampled Color." Since I use this often I can't remember if I set the shortcut or if it's native to Photo, but there's a shortcut for "Select Sampled Color," Alt+S. But every time I hit Alt+S, and I've tried it several times now in different stages of the program, it closes immediately. No crash code, just closed. Anybody know why?

On my installation Ctrl-W is the default shortcut for Close, and Alt+S simply opens the pull down Select menu.

By default here there was no shortcut set for Select Sample Color, however I can confirm that a number of different key combinations I've tried for it all result in AP shutting dowm.

Intel i7-10700 Gen10 CPU, 32GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1660 OC 6GB
Windows 10 Pro 22H2, 1x 1TB M.2 NVMe, 1 x 2TB M.2 NVMe. Affinity APh, APu, ADe