You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot upgrade on the Mac App Store (split)

On 2/29/2020 at 3:01 AM, Guyon said:

I was secretly hoping for it happen in 1.8

So do I... but my 1.8 Appstore installation gets stuck in a perpetual circle, making upgrading impossible.

@PaoloT: Yes, I full agree with you. I have 8 books to turn into Ebooks this year. I'll probably try it again through Scrivener (it will certainly make a good job, once I'll have learned to use it right).

• Staff
1 hour ago, Castle Al said:

but my 1.8 Appstore installation gets stuck in a perpetual circle, making upgrading impossible.

I suggest that you make a new thread about this in the questions forum, but try a complete uninstall/reinstall first in case the binary/delta update is the problem

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

I suggest that you make a new thread about this in the questions forum, but try a complete uninstall/reinstall* first in case the binary/delta update is the problem

Oh! 

* Will this erase all the added brushes and bought stuff?

• Staff
12 hours ago, Castle Al said:

* Will this erase all the added brushes and bought stuff?

No it will not

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 3/1/2020 at 10:11 AM, Patrick Connor said:

I suggest that you make a new thread about this in the questions forum, but try a complete uninstall/reinstall first in case the binary/delta update is the problem

I think making a thread about the is a little too much. Maybe you can just tell me how to uninstall/reinstall ... Can I simply erase the apps (Photo and Designer - Publisher as made the upgrade), and download them (for free) from the AppStore? 🙏

And what if the free download is not automatic? :S

• Staff
2 hours ago, Castle Al said:

Can I simply erase the apps (Photo and Designer - Publisher as made the upgrade), and download them (for free) from the AppStore? 

Yes if logged in as the same user that bought them from the App Store

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

SOLVED, SOLVED; SOLVED! Sorry for my squatting.

I copied photo and Designer on an external SSD, restante the Mac and went back to the Store. It immediately accepted to UPGRADE my copies!
Now it works... yet it changed and I'll have to find where all the brush types are...
🙏 Thanks a lot for your tips! 🙏

(:51_scream::51_scream::51_scream: I've thrown away Photo and Design... And now, I can't get them back anymore because the AppStore sticks to thing to go on upgrading! :51_scream::51_scream::51_scream:

I probably WILL have to start a topic about that mess... :60_sweat: )

• Staff

@Castle Al

I have split your posts off into a new thread, (these ones were not about EPUB anyway).

@Leigh

Do you have any experience of a MAS customer for whom our software updates never complete. They have now uninstalled and lost all access to the application

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

4 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

@Castle Al

I have split your posts off into a new thread, (these ones were not about EPUB anyway).

@Leigh

Do you have any experience of a MAS customer for whom our software updates never complete. They have now uninstalled and lost all access to the application

Thanks for your attention.

I'll use the above CastleAl to give a follow up if any glitches run through may way.

Alas, I must annouce... and accept that all my third parties brushes are gone... :58_disappointed_relieved:

Edit:
May be Serif keeps some trace in its DB about these purchases? But, otherwise, I'll have a look back on what is necessary on the Affinity shop...