You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.8 Bug: Loss of use for Move and Brush tools

Sullyman

Finally,

I was able to document the bug that I have posted and gotten no response about, have a look and hopefully we can find out what the problem is. This isn't a file issue as this happens consistently and doesn't matter the file and it's contents, it happens with freshly open doc's with no content besides and initial layer.

I can get the use of the tools back at times by switching around the persona's randomly, but sometimes that doesn't work.

https://youtu.be/V_1QU-mBFD8

@Jon P For me it's been an issue since 1.7. 

I find that it's usually me moving outside the software to look for images in a google search or watching youtube while working, I come back after some activity and the software loses these functions.

It has happened in the software randomly as well.

• Staff

Hmm, this will be a bit hard to track down. When it next happens does creating a new document fix it (Assuming it doesn't prevent you from using menu items or shortcuts), or if you focus on another app and then re-focus Publisher does that help? 

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• 3 weeks later...

@Jon P So Tonight was a great example after the latest update installed. 

I've had an hour window of having to restart the software almost every 10 minutes because I've lost the ability to use hotkeys for tools, tool functionality and certain menu functions (undo, custom hotkeys for canvas rotation, etc.) because I bounce between painting in Publisher (Photo & Designer as well) and google image reference searching or starting a new YouTube video (to keep my sanity while working isolated lol).

The only time I get functionality back is, at times, waiting it out by dancing around in other programs ( mainly the browser and YouTube). Opening new documents hasn't worked yet nor has performing a "Save As" and overwriting or as a new named doc. Nor has the moving between personas, it's really luck of the draw.

I love the software (Everyone is doing a great job!) and really would like it to work properly so please allow the momentary vent but this plain sucks.