You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo will not install

I've tried to install Photo 4 times and it keeps failing. I'm talking about the free trial. I have a windows 10 laptop (Asus).

I managed to install the free trial to Publisher yesterday until I finally realized that it was the Photo version I needed

because version is comparable with Photoshop. Are you only allowed to use one trial version?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @EvaBirgitta.

You can have trials of multiple applications installed at the same time.

If an installation fails on Windows it is sometimes necessary to restart Windows, and sometimes after that to right-click on the installer .exe file and choose Run as Administrator. I would start by trying that, but if the installation still fails there are follow-on actions we could suggest.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

5 minutes ago, EvaBirgitta said:

Buying a bundle of Affinity apps or do I need to buy them separate?

Glad to hear it worked.

From a response to a question a few months ago by one of the Serif staff:

If you wish to discuss your options for purchasing a bundle of software please email affinity@serif.com.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

27 minutes ago, EvaBirgitta said:

I used the word "bundle" the wrong way. If I understand it correctly, I need to buy them separate, i.e. Publisher, Photo and Designer?

You may be able to buy them as a bundle (all 3 applications, for example, with one purchase), for a lower price than buying all 3 separately. But if you want to do that you need to contact Serif via email.

-- Walt
PC:

If the download is failing, I'm not sure you can do anything except keep trying it.

Possibly a different browser would work?

-- Walt
PC: