You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am very disappointed in the manner in which this software works and I feel that I might have been misled by the hype. I cannot keep images just as jpegs, but have to keep them as Affinity Photo Jpegs. I hate the crop tool and the overall speed of the application is not to my liking at all. I realize that it is at a bargain price, but I need to have speed as a photojournalist and this is not cutting it. What is the procedure to obtain a refund of my $40 plus tax???

When you already have gotten the invoice of Apple iTunes Store you can click at the second link behind the Affinity logo and ask for a full refund without questions asked.

It's App Store policy.

I don't agree with you story but everybody can have its own opinion of course.

Hardware
 Mac mini (late-2014), 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris 5100 Graphics  iPad Air 16GB White

Software I love, and you should get :wink:
Affinity Desinger - Affinity Photo - Sketch - Coda - CodeKit - iA Writer - Dropbox - 1Password

Did you have the same problems when using the betas? I can keep my compositions as jpegs really pretty well....and open them with affinity and keep on working. It is really odd....As for the speed....well..I have the same question. Did,nt you notice before when using the betas thas it was not working as your own needs required? I cannot see Affinity is responsible for that, really. Anyway, if there a bug isb, I am sure that they will frantically work for solving it out, for it is their own commercial goals and their commercial prestige that they are dealing with,

May be you need a bit of patience and find your pace in working with the tool. I am sure you will be doing fine,

Rosa

• Staff

Hi robk47,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can save your images as JPG's. Just select Save Flattened from the Save dialog, to flatten the image before saving as JPG. This will merge all your adjustments/edits/layers/effects etc into a single layer before saving as JPG. Affinity will only try to save the image as an .afphoto file if you choose Save As instead from the same dialog.

The reason for this is that JPG's don't support multiple layers and to keep all your layers, adjustments and effects editable/intact in case you want to adjust them later we need to save the image in our own format. 

I don't know what issues you're having with the crop tool but if you describe them we may be able to help. All feedback is welcome. If you think something isn't working as it should we would like to know about it. Regarding speed, i don't know exactly what's happening. Affinity Photo is quite fast dealing with all kind of images (specially big ones) so without more details, i'm afraid i can't be of much help here.

If you still want to get a refund, click on the link Report a Problem on the Invoice Apple has sent you via e-mail and follow their procedures. They do offer a refund without asking questions. If you need any help with something else just let us know.

• Staff

Apple does offer a refund without question unless you have frequently refunded purchases - in which case you will have had to confirm that you will not be eligible for a refund if you continue to download the program and then I think you cannot get a refund, unless I'm mistaken?

iTunes will not refund my purchase price. I get a message that a refund is NOT possible. I would appreciate some help here. I am sure that there are many who appreciate this application and have been able to master it. This is not the case for me, however. I find that it is needlessly difficult (when compared to apps with which I am familiar, like PS) and will be staying with what works for me. The price for Affinity is clearly reasonable, but if I cannot get it to fit into my workflow easily, I just cannot afford, now, the time to learn. Thank you, but what can be done for me regarding my refund???