Sign in to follow this  
jgarza

Warp Workaround - SOLVED!

17 minutes ago, jgarza said:

Use a different program since AD seems to be disinterested in getting some basic features released in a timely manner. ... it. has. been. YEARS.

https://www.magix.com/us/photo-graphic/xara-designer-pro/

After more than 10 years using Xara Designer Pro I choose to leave it behind because of their (mainly Magix') descisions on how to develop the software. There was a (not bad) set of vector tools (including warp) that were not developed any further over a long period of time. Instead they more and more moved into a direction what I call (a little exaggerating) 'painting by numbers'. Filling up the software with templates and templates and templates and some strange ways to get things accomplished (especially in the web department of features).

The interface did not get any major overhaul for more than a decade. Xara was a very fast and ambitious software in it's beginning. Their licence model they introduced some years ago is another thing that motivated me to leave the software behind. 

For me there is no way going back. (Apart from the fact that I still keep my outdated version of Xara Designer Pro in case I need to open old project files or an occasional warp).

Good luck.
d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.532)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.532)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.531)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Inkscape would be another workaround. - WORKAROUND since you have to rely on third party tools (software) here for something, a vector tool which deals with node/curve manipulations usually could or should ideally handle itself.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.3 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.3 ◆ OSX El Capitan