You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello everyone

I wanted to ask if it is possible to modify a brightness mask .... in the sense I have seen that there are various macros about it that create brightness selections but once the mask is created there is a command or another macro that allows me to change the mask itself in the case is too narrow or the opposite .... a bit like the famous panels for ps.

Nothing as sophisticated as the Lumenzia PS panel I'm afraid.

This is a good video for luminosity masks: https://lenscraft.co.uk/photo-editing-tutorials/creating-affinity-photo-luminosity-masks/

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Yes I had already seen this video .... in fact I was looking for something that could then change the mask just created in case the selection was not as accurate as I wanted .... just like the panels for PS but as I understand it is not possible to do it quite right?

You could go to Select (main menu at the top of the affinity app) and try using the Shrink/Grow option to alter the selection but I don't think that's what you want. Duplicating the image layer adding a HSL adjustment layer, editing the luminosity slider and then merge down to fix the luminosity edit and make a luminosity mask from that layer.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Panels do not exist for Affinity apps because they don't have a scripting language like Adobe and I doubt that anything comparable for Affinity will turn up for the next few years. They will likely improve the macro ability but again this is my personal assumption and is not from Affinity themselves.

Robins Luminosity method can be automated to a point but the Macro cannot rename the spare channel to Lights 1 etc so that would have to be done manually after the macro has run.

Another alternative to using a luminosity mask is to use blending ranges by clicking the gear icon for the layer. I did a YouTube video on this not long ago https://youtu.be/v5njz09W-HA. You can also combine this with the luminosity masking approach for greater control. 
It’s a shame about the macro restrictions. I keep meaning to revisit the subject and I’ve just moved it up my to do list.