You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Gradient tool not syncing between screen and and drop down

p_mac

• Staff

Hi p_mac,
Not sure what colour picker you are using from your description. Any chance you can record a small clip so i can see what you are doing? If using the colour picker from the gradient pop-up in the context toolbar you have to click the small colour well on the top right of the pop-up near the colour picker icon to apply the picked colour to the gradient stop.

Sorry MEB, I really was as clear as mud in my description.  
I will do a screen clip to show you what I am having an issue with.  

It hasn't anything to do with the colour picker but rather with the position of the points on the gradient line. 

There is no sync between selected points on the photo gradient and the dropdown menu.

I have initially chosen the bottom point on the gradient but when I open the dropdown, the top point is highlighted, so without noticing this I started to do the adjustment which affected the sky, not the snow.  I needed to select the right point to alter the snow.

When I inserted a middle point on the gradient line it didn't sync with the position on the drop down.   Should this not function with some coordination?  

Hope this is making more sense.