Sign in to follow this  
Phillipp

Red Barn - Isometric Design

Hey,

I just started out with vector design, especially isometric vector design. This is one of my practice projects. It was quite fun figuring out how to do it. I decided that it makes sense to use the "Symbols" feature in Affinity Designer so I can create each side in 2D.

Since a few people have seen it already, I would like to ask for some feedback, especially about the video itself. 

I am planning to do more such videos (so feel free to subscribe, lol :D) and obviously want to improve them as well.

How is the video speed? It's about 36 minutes of work and I made it 5x faster for this.

How is the music? I find it really hard to get free royalty free music that is long enough and fits the theme. Any recommendations?

Anything else that could be improved/added/etc?

I am very glad for any feedback!

Hello Philipp! Wonderful video. I commented on your YouTube video. I hope you see it. Great use of plains and artboards. Thank you for showing that to me. I am switching from Adobe to purely using Affinity and it is amazing how much Affinity can do. Great video!

Many thanks for the feedback! Affinity Designer is really awesome, especially the isometric grid. Watching Adobe Illustrator based isometric videos almost hurts when they start building their custom isometric grid. 

Affinity makes things a lot easier for non-professionals. I am just starting out and somehow managed to create a not-so-bad looking object. With some color adjustments and finetuning on the object proportions, it would look even better.