garrettm30

Autocorrect apostrophe in French

When the language (spelling attribute of the characters) is set to French, and the Publisher preference "Change straight quotes to typographic quotes" is checked, the straight apostrophe gets converted to a space plus a curly apostrophe. This extra space should not be there. For example, try to type the common French word "c'est" under those conditions, and it gets changed to "c ’est."

This occurs in Publisher beta 1.8.0.499 on macOS 10.13.6 (I am testing on my much older system at home; whereas I am usually report from my much newer work iMac). This appears to be a regression, as the problem does not occur in 1.7.3 on the same system.

4 hours ago, thierry savoie said:

always this problem in 1.8.0.502

As we would expect, as the announcement for .502 did not say it had been fixed.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.502 Beta