Jump to content

spawnartisticdirections

Members
  • Content count

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About spawnartisticdirections

  • Rank
    Newbie
  • Birthday 07/19/1993

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://spawnartisticdirections.tumblr.com

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    UK
  • Interests
    Music, film, music videos!
  1. spawnartisticdirections

    Stills from webcams?

    At present I am wondering what I can do with my new webcam, and how best to take stills with it, when I'm not making video. I'm guessing you can't import straight from a camera into Affinity, so I'm wondering what other people use to get best quality, non-jpg stills from their webcam. As a Mac user, I'm not expecting a miracle (webcams seem to be the least developed part of any Mac setup), but I'm sure there are better options than Photobooth. I'm interested in non-Mac related feedback for future reference. If this question seems obscure, it probably is. It's based on having had a stop motion building section, in a Logitec software we owned when I was a kid. Made a lot of work with that. Combined with how often I use my phone's camera and apps in my projects, it would be cool to have a similar function to my computer layout sometimes too.
  2. spawnartisticdirections

    Pdf page order

    Haha, lowest first. That's perfectly easy to deal with now I know, thank you very much :)
  3. spawnartisticdirections

    Pdf page order

    Hello, I'm using affinity designer for an album sleeve, that I'm, making into a digital booklet. I was following the artboard tutorial to deconstruct panels of the template into pages of a .pdf, and it went well until export. I didn't actually find anything on the order the pages come out as though, and they're exporting in reverse order. I've tried different layouts across the artboard space and changing the order layers sit in, in their window. It's still coming out as before. How do I change the page order of my pdf document before export?
  4. spawnartisticdirections

    Poster design with AD, introduction

    Thank you, that's really sweet. I think this will be his first work on iTunes, but in the meantime his Youtube is here. The cool thing is, I'm now working on the product design for the EP being launched. I shall probably approach it in much the same way as the poster and it will be good further practice before I go more abstract in my own work. I'll share that here when it's done, though it should be a simple affair. On a design note, it was nice to receive well organised copy for it the same day :) In my experience that's hard to come by.
  5. spawnartisticdirections

    Some of my recent stock illustrations

    These are really fun :) Particularly like the chicken in the soup, and the macaroni.
  6. New here, good to meet you :)

  7. spawnartisticdirections

    Poster design with AD, introduction

    Hello, Just bought Affinity Designer, after the trial software made it quite accessible to finish a friend's gig poster on time. I haven't done much design work in a fair while, and educating myself on the needs of printed materials took longer than I'm thrilled to admit. The software helped me greatly with its accessible layout, and it didn't require much relearning from when I did these things years ago. I started by cleaning up a photo I took with Aperture, a software I find to be overlooked. From there, a challenge was the size and resolution of the photo. The photo was taken in a hurry on a fly-by visit from the musician, on the 16:9 setting and didn't leave ample crop room to set to A3. He really liked the photo though. From here the challenge was duplicating part of the image - for width, composition/ layout, and to make it all available at 300dpi. Importing tiles of backdrop taken from the original photo, and carefully placing and graduating transparency on them was an effective way to not make the join particularly visible. Laying out the text was easier, and finding the specific fonts online was no problem, but to make it most effective the smallcaps function helped me out. It made the compound word that was one band's name more distinct from those with spaces in. And it made the font appropriated from the record sleeve much easier to read quickly. For these layout aspects being easy to find and execute, and the result being one we were all pleased with, I was very happy to get the software for future use. Good to meet you all, Christie. P.S. Sometimes this file uploads really red, so if it does that, you can see it on my tumblr here: http://spawnartisticdirections.tumblr.com/post/147280447006/
×