You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Frame Text Tool and Shift Click

Ok so I need to understand if this is working as intended.

I have a Frame Text Box on a normal page, I paste in my text and its more than my box. Ok no problem.

I now shift click the little icon  as shown below to create more pages with the same box until all text has shows on a page. Great I love it.

Now If I create ANOTHER Frame Text box on the same original normal page, paste in the text which again overflows and SHIFT CLICK it ignores all the existing pages and creates a whole new set of pages with just this frame text box. Why does it not apply to the existing pages? Is there a command/keystroke I am missing to make it apply to existing pages? 

Thoughts?

photo_2019-10-11_09-04-53.jpg

It will work as you want if you put your Text Frames on a Master Page. Then when you add your text into the Text Frame on a document page, the frames will all link as you want them to.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 4 weeks later...

Now is there any method to align the text that is in the text frame?

For example, excel has a list of exercises (Exercise 1-100). Page spread has Exercise 1 on left page and Exercise 2 on right page

I paste in the data from excel into the properly sized text frame and shift click to fill down and create the appropriate pages. Perfect, Left is properly "Left Aligned" to the margin.

Now with the right spread page it remains also left Aligned and I cannot see any efficient/proper way to "right align" it to the margin for all the shift clicked boxes.  Maybe  I am missing some trick?

( i have multiple items being tracked/input so cannot use the page number Field/ Section Field as they are used already)