You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Histogram on RAW Curves Display

I'm requesting that the histogram is part of the curves adjustment display in the Develop persona, as it is in the Photo persona. I've started shooting film for fun and will "scan" the negatives with my digital camera. I'd like to do the scan in RAW even though I suppose it probably isn't necessary. Negative Lab Pro is apparently the best way to invert the negatives but apparently it only works with Lightroom. The other way, after a white balance, is to invert each colour separately with the curves adjustment and move the limit sliders to match the beginning and end of the histogram for each colour. In order to do this properly, the histogram has to be part of the curves display.

I apologize if there is some obvious reason why the Photo persona works this way but Develop doesn't.

• 1 year later...

I second this request.

Lack of Histogram (and Scope) in Develop Persdona is a criminal neglet.

Edit 2024-02-18:

Affinity V1.10.7 on Desktop has Histogram and Scope Panel. It can be activated via View->Studio. So no need to add anything.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

• 2 years later...

Color correction is one of the most important aspects of photo editing. Photoshop has color-picker targets, while AF relies on moving the individual color sliders in Levels or Curves. The latter requires a histogram for accuracy, which is present in the photo persona although not in the RAW processing persona. That makes no sense. I'm curious to hear your reasoning for this. Better yet, please add this functionality as it is necessary. 

1 hour ago, KCP said:

Color correction is one of the most important aspects of photo editing. Photoshop has color-picker targets, while AF relies on moving the individual color sliders in Levels or Curves. The latter requires a histogram for accuracy, which is present in the photo persona although not in the RAW processing persona. That makes no sense. I'm curious to hear your reasoning for this. Better yet, please add this functionality as it is necessary. 

Histogram is available via View-Studio.

V1 will not get any feature updates anyway since V2 is out 

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

On 2/18/2024 at 10:04 AM, NotMyFault said:

Histogram is available via View-Studio.

V1 will not get any feature updates anyway since V2 is out 

I'm in Version 2.3.1. Studio is under the Window tab and there is no histogram setting.