You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Clone Brush Problems 7-2-15

1) I cannot get the clone brush to not align, to stay still. It follows no matter if the aligned box is checked or not. See attached video.

2) I want to use a square brush that I can change the hardness of. For some reason, the basic brushes are all round; when one uses the dropdown for new square brush, it is fixed at hard. I should not have to search another program to import a variable square brush.

Even simpler, why not have a simple two-position check that makes every brush either square or round? Affinity has a very flexible clone tool but the controls and labels Clone Problems 7-2-15 copy sm trim.movon it are still awful: why "%" instead of "degrees" for rotation?

Junipermn

Look at the absence of check mark in the Aligned box! The program isn't responding to the checkmark, funtions the same if it is present or not.

Yes, I know that the current Affinity program doesn't allow changing hardness for a square box. I am suggesting that it needs to allow it.  All of the advanced programs that Affinity will have as competitors, including Adobe, Paint Shop Pro, and PhotoLine, have the ability to change all parameters, including hardness, on all brushes, whether square or round.

Again, rather than having separate lists of square or round brushes, it would be more sensible to have a choice of making all brushes either square or round.

Attached are two pictures of brush controls: Both are much simpler than Affinity's current one, and each has a single click to make any brush square or round. 

post-5407-0-84067600-1435945675_thumb.jpg

post-5407-0-80994400-1435945707_thumb.jpg

"It's not possible to set hardness for a square brush."  Please remedy this issue!

Junipermn appears to be correct with this statement - "All of the programs Affinity has as competitors,  (Adobe, Paint Shop Pro, and PhotoLine), have the ability to change all parameters, including hardness, on all brushes, whether square or round."

Affinity is so near to having an excellent program - please take the time to make the first release a knock out blow to the competiton.  Not a competitor who may get it together at some indefinite point in the future.  No one will remember or care if you take an additonal two weeks to get all the tweaks just right!  Remember, glitches and difficulities are remembered for a long time, particularly with new products.

• Staff

Feel free to add your suggestion about square brushes to the Feature Request section here.

junipermn, In your video it shows you checking the Aligned box and then un-checking it. If you leave the Aligned box checked, does the clone tool work as expected?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.