GeoffW

Publisher 1.72 Mac English (USA UK Canada) Spelling

With all the different languages to choose from, there has to be something simple I'm missing. Preferences > General > Language is set to English (United States) but there is an option to choose English without any dialect. Text Styles > Base > Language > Spelling my only option is English (Canadian). I am writing for the US market and don't want to confuse them with all the extra "U"'s. How can I specify English (United States) in the Base > Language option? Thanks

Hi GeoffW :)

18 hours ago, GeoffW said:

but there is an option to choose English without any dialect

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, it appears to only affect Mac as Windows is marked as English (UK) & English (US) - I'll get this logged with our devs now!

18 hours ago, GeoffW said:

Spelling my only option is English (Canadian). I am writing for the US market and don't want to confuse them with all the extra "U"'s. How can I specify English (United States) in the Base > Language option?

You'll need to enable this option through your Mac settings for it to appear in Publisher. Please go to System Preferences>Keyboard>Text, then select the Spelling dropdown list and select the last option, Set Up.... In the window that opens, select US English and then press Done. Now restart Publisher and you should find this language option available!