Adam McGilvray

MacOS 10.14.6 and Affinity Photo 1.7.2 Exports don't show in Finder but appear in Open... window

I can successfully export files to JPG format, but when I look in Finder, the files are not there. If I go to the open menu in Affinity Photo (or any other application) I can see the files.

This also happened when I try to save in Affinity Photo native file format. Not sure if this is MacOS issue or Affinity but have not seen this behavior in other apps.

36487324_ScreenShot2019-09-03at9_29_20PM.thumb.png.191279f8da9445ec6d033a3767cc0cf6.png

Hi Adam, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

This is very odd—I can't recall seeing this before. Where are the images saved to? It isn't a cloud folder is it? It doesn't appear to be the case as there's no sync icon but I have to check! Does it even matter which folder they are saved to? 

That's a Finder issue. I have seen the same for months on many occasions when saving files from various applications. For some reason, this only seems to affect graphic files. When you restart the Finder, the files become visible.