You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Recolor Layer Bug

Glyphs

OK, this is going to be hard to explain, so here is a sample file. This is part of an image I edited in Affinity Photo. I stripped it of all its layers save the problematic ones. I have been working on a werewolves story, and needed the werewolves on the cover to have different fur colors, so I asked my colorist to send me a file with the flats on a layer, so that I could better select the werewolves' furs, and update the colors myself. The result has been fine with the previous versions of Affinity Photo, but since the updates, the cover file updated itself too, and not for the better. Not sure if I understand how it works, but here is what you can do with the attached file: Just develop the Teared Cloth group, and put its layer out of the group. To change the colors, I had created three group layers titled Red, Blue and Brown. As long as the Layer 1 stays in the group, the colors are fine. As soon as I put it out of the group, the colors revert to their original version. This didn't happen in the previous versions (and I didn't have to put the Recolor Layer in a group for it to work). Does anyone has any idea about what is happening?

Update: I have tried to add a Levels layer on top of all the layers inside the Test folder, and it also cancels the colorization layers effect. The only way to avoid this so far, is to select the Level layers and put it out of the Test Folder, or to ctrl-click the Levels layer and place it in a group. I have tried a few other Adjustment Layers, and had the same problem. This bug might be affecting all the Adjustment Layers.

Rage #5 Cover Tests.afdesign