You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Switch from AD to AP and back leaves empty canvases

Am I doing this wrong?  I have an image in AD, then I click File->Edit in Photo... to go into AP then I click File->Edit in Designer... to return to AD.

Each time I do this a blank canvas is left behind in AD and the image returning from AP is in a new canvas.  Plus AP leaves a blank canvas on screen.

It also always enters the program in a small canvas, wouldn't it be possible to pass the canvas size and position to the receiving program so that the canvas doesn't have to be repositioned and resized following every transfer.  There's just more cleanup than seems necessary with each transfer.

Or is there a more correct way of doing the transfer?

I am using Separated Mode version 1.2.1.25787 in both AD and AP.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

• Staff

Hi Gear Maker,

Please see my attached screen recording.

When i switch to AP and then back to AD the canvas setup is the same and the image is in the same position each time.  Could you send me a screen recording of what you get, as it sounds like you are having different results to myself.

I do however get left with a blank canvas in both programs.  I think this is due to the image being 'closed' in one program and passed to the other.  If you disable Separated mode in say AP, when you switch back to AD the image is closed in AP and this results in a blank canvas, as we have closed the image in order to pass it to AD.  If you then open a new image in AP you should find the blank canvas is replaced with the image you have opened.

Edit in photo.mov

Hi stokerg,

From your video I can't tell if you were using the full screen or not.  My file was so large I had to shrink it down a bit.  It wouldn't let me upload a m4v which would have been smaller.  It's still a big file.

I wanted to show the full screen so you could see how the new image is small then I have to reposition the canvas, resize the canvas and zoom the document each time it is transferred.  At the end you can see that there are 4 blank canvases open and one with my image.

Thanks.

Mike

Transfer3.mov

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

• Staff

Hi Gear Maker,

Thanks for your screen recording.

I've logged this for the Dev team to take a look at, as I wouldn't expect the blank canvases/windows to be left behind.

I'll also get the issue with the zoom level and position logged as well.