You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF not matching colors in AF Publisher

Hello,

I'm using the latest version of Affinity Publisher and when I export my project to PDF the colors are not matching at all. I'm using the standard setting for printing and I've done several tests, but the PDF colors look a lot brighter and different compared to the colors inside AF Publisher. Any solution?

AFP colors.png

PDF colors.png

settings.png

Hard to tell only from the screenshots. Please post your PDF and your Publisher file here.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

The blue in the PDF is the same as in your Publisher document - see image. But it is not a good idea to use RGB SVG for printing. The black is now a 4-color-black, same for the text which runs through all 4 colours.

Maybe the reason for your impression, that the colours differ is the darker background of your APublishers user interface. Personally I prefer a lighter user interface.

samecolor.jpg

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

9 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

The blue in the PDF is the same as in your Publisher document - see image. But it is not a good idea to use RGB SVG for printing. The black is now a 4-color-black, same for the text which runs through all 4 colours.

Maybe the reason for your impression, that the colours differ is the darker background of your APublishers user interface. Personally I prefer a lighter user interface.

Thank you for the help. But i think there's still something that is not working correctly. If you look at the AFP document and at the Pages preview column on the left side, you will notice that the blue displayed is the same as the one in the PDF file. Same thing for the layers panel, which display the same colors you can see in the exported PDF. Only on the canvas the colors are completely different. I did not mention before that I initially created the document using an sRGB profile and switched to CMYK later on, the problem may have been generated by this step... 

Edited by Andrea Calzetta

5 minutes ago, Andrea Calzetta said:

I did not mention before that I initially created the document using an sRGB profile and switched to CMYK later on, the problem may have been generated by this step... 

Could be the reason, but not good anyway. When I open your Publisher file I can't see any difference.

nodifferencehere.jpg

------

Just now, Joachim_L said:

Could be the reason, but not good anyway. When I open your Publisher file I can't see any difference.

nodifferencehere.jpg

This is actually really weird, mine is diplaying 2 completely different blue, as you can see in the screenshot I posted before. 

I think I'm gonna try reinstalling the software...

Just now, Andrea Calzetta said:

I think I'm gonna try reinstalling the software...

Maybe closing and opening the document before you do this. ;)

------

Just now, Joachim_L said:

Maybe closing and opening the document before you do this. ;)

alredy tried several times. I also created a new document with the correct color profile, but nothing changed. I really don't know what's happening, can you at least tell the color difference by the screenshots, or am i completely crazy? :) I really don't know....

No, you are not crazy. Your post, where you attached the files the colour variation is obvious, but I can't really see the colour variation in your initial post.

------

7 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

No, you are not crazy. Your post, where you attached the files the colour variation is obvious, but I can't really see the colour variation in your initial post.

This is because I took the second screenshot from a monitor with a much wider gamut i think. Cause I'm currently using my laptop and a second monitor as extension. On my laptop the colors seem to be the same, while if I move af pub on the external monitor I can notice the difference, it's quiet obvious. Same thing with Designer and photo. I'll try on a third monitor to see the differencies. 

• Staff

Hi Andrea Calzetta,

Welcome to the forums :)

If possible could you provide the .afpub file in question? This will allow me to look into this further with you.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

2 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi Andrea Calzetta,

Welcome to the forums :)

If possible could you provide the .afpub file in question? This will allow me to look into this further with you.

Thanks

C

Hello, I already uploaded the afpub file in a previous reply. At the end it turned out that the problem (I currently don't know why) was the external monitor I was using, beacuse I tried using a third monitor and the colors were displayed correctly. Apparently this is a problem related to the monitor I use in my office, which is a pretty cheap HP 27fw, but the strange thing is that it modifies only the colors on the canvas and not the colors from the preview column and the layers panel. 

Edited by Andrea Calzetta