You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

6 hours ago, Cobra Blade said:

@firstdefence are you also running the Mac App Store version of Affinity Photo? Just like you, when I click on it under Plugins I get nothing at all and that's the version I'm using.
Wondering if it makes a difference since it sounds like @LongtimePhotoshopUser is able to get a lot further than us using Eye Candy.

There are a few variables that are probably different to longphotoshopuser, I use High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G14042), have MAS Affinity install (1.8.6) and possibly a different version of Eye Candy as my version installs as Plugins > Exposure Software > Eye Candy 7... 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Until Affinity and AlienSkin get their heads together I doubt much will come of our efforts and as always alternatives and/or workarounds become the order of the day.

If Affinity are trying to compile their own plugin system; and why not, Adobe did, and look what happened there, plugins galore it can only be a benefit and considering the growing popularity of Affinity Photo the plugin devs will see the potential too. Trying to shoe-horn older plugins into a new system does seem like a bit of a short-term vision albeit a preferable one to no plugin support. If JixiPix and Filter Forge with their very pro active Affinity support can do it why can't AlienSkin.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I can confirm in regard to my setup that Eye Candy runs in the 1.9.0.206 beta It has redraw issues but you can apply the effects, selections need to be filled. 

A triple Eye Candy Corona Application.
image.png.c33dfb578fadf0c1113c8193179f4641.png

Okay, so this is interesting,
So you were able to download the current trial version of Affinity Photo 1.8.6 and could get Eye Candy 7 working @Lagarto?
Makes me wonder why it wasn't working for me. Thank you for testing it out, was this Eye Candy 7.2.3.143?

For yourself @firstdefence, was it not launching at all in 1.8.6, but then when using beta 1.9.206 it could now work?

9 hours ago, Cobra Blade said:

For yourself @firstdefence, was it not launching at all in 1.8.6, but then when using beta 1.9.206 it could now work?

Correct, no launch in Affinity Photo 1.8.6

launched ok and quickly too in Affinity Photo 1.9.0.206, It was a bit glitchy and so was Affinity Photo 1.9.0.206 but the effects were applied correctly so I'd count that a success.