You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher did not pass the test

On 9/3/2019 at 2:42 PM, Alfred said:

Why do you find it alarming that other forum members don’t regard APub as being in the same league as older, more mature, software? (The ‘Advanced Member’ label is merely a reflection of the user’s post count.)

I don't know a great deal about the finer details and standards associated with PDFs but I do use the PDF format to submit my final drafts of my novels for print-on-demand.  Companies like IngramSpark are strict about conforming precisely to the PDF/X-1a:2001 or PDF/X-3:2002. If there is any possibility that there may be problems with Apub, as suggested by Lagarto, then I am simply not going to spend the considerable time it takes to format a novel using it. Hence my alarm. I would always expect that whatever vintage a software is, it, at the very least, does not produces an output that could cause problems or a reduction in quality as Largarto suggests. The doubt is in my mind at present so I won't be using APub.

• 9 months later...
On 7/17/2019 at 3:05 PM, MikeW said:

Because Serif has not yet implemented pdf passthrough at this time. This capability will come in a future version.

In context with Affinity photo an editable PDF import makes no much sense imho. When I import a PDF to Affinity Photo I only want to »convert« it to an image format.

Thanks for reading.

................................................................................
macOS 10.13.6 | MacBookPro | 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 | Affinity Suite