You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Centering on page when printing

I am trying to print a page 345 x 265mm on an A3 sheet with edge crop marks. I cannot seem to be able to centre the print on the sheet and when I get a print preview it sits high on the page and to the right . When I go back to PagePlus it works fine! I'm sure Its just a tick box I have missed somewhere but at the moment it escaps me. TIA 

image.png

• Staff

@jimmy55

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

it looks like an interaction between the printable area of your printers driver in landscape and bleed set on your document, so our fault but not generic as I see it. I think we are going to benefit from your file. Can you attach it to a post or would you rather a we provide a (private) dropbox link.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Thanks I will see if we can replicate, but this doesn't happen for me so I think it may be a combination with your driver and the Epson's printable margins. Are there any printer margin settings in the Epson properties that are adjustable?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Hi Jimmy,

If you set your printer to Fit to Page does the file print correctly?  When I open your file and set Shrink to Page in our printer settings it prints fine.

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 7 months later...

I also have issues with centering when printing from Affinity Publisher with my computer running on Windows 10 Pro. 
I've tried the suggestions provided in this thread and some others, included reinstalling the printer driver – which is for a Brother color laser printer (DCP-L8410CDW), by the way. 

It's frustrating that nothing works.
In MS Word, I can draw a thin, centered, vertical line on two consecutive pages, and the two lines are aligned perfectly when printing doublesided.
When I try the same with Affinity Publisher (latest version for Windows) the lines are off horizontally by approx. 1 mm, and vertically about 5 mm (!).

I tried to attached the lines test and a triple folded brochure, but both uploads failed (the error message said "-200" something).

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I want to print an 8.5x11" document with .125" bleeds so that it will come out with edge-to-edge color from my Epson photo printer. If I'm printing from one size to a page of the exact same size, the bleeds should line up beyond the end of the page so they can do their job, right? So why are they aligned way off to the top left?

Fit to page, scaling, enlarging, reducing, retaining image size--none of these settings work . I can get close, but the only thing that even remotely works is exporting a PDF with bleeds, which then skews my colors.

I'm creating templates for a client, so I want to be able to give good directions when it comes to printing. Is there any way to center the print on the page? 

image.png