You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Spreadsheet Functions in Affinity Publisher

Hi - sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but as a long, long term user of Serif Publisher and other Serif software - I have just purchased Affinity Publisher (along with Photo & Designer) and I am VERY disappointed that the absolute basic spreadsheet functions for tables are not available in this new software.

If I am missing something please let me know but I have searched help screens, tutorials and forums and it seems you have not included this extremely useful - if not vital - function.

It is also disappointing that you have not provided legacy support for your older programs that have these functions - so I guess I will have to carry on using old Serif software until you get it right.

Next time you do your market research for new programs - why don't you ask the ones who use it what features are vital......

1 hour ago, Jeff26 said:

why don't you ask the ones who use it what features are vital...... 

It's simply not that simple to respect all desires as "vital" in one application at once.

It can be even hard to implement one single feature resulting of market research...:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Great video, a co-worker had to explain a similar impossible situation to a client and told me when that the penny finally dropped the fellow turned bright red  and left without saying a word. He called the next day asking for a new meeting where he presented a simple easy to do completely different design.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thanks for the reply and I know only too well what difficulties can arise from focus groups etc.... Nevertheless a quick search reveals numerous queries about this feature and it is part of the program it is replacing -  i.e. Serif Pageplus.

Anyway I haven't time to get into a discussion - just wanted to find out if there was an alternative way of doing it such as importing an excel spreadsheet 

• 3 weeks later...

You might well be missing something! I was. Could not get pasting from LibreOffice Calc (Windows 10, 64bit) to work - it would just stick everything in the first Publisher table cell. Tried every option under Edit > Paste Special.

Maybe you're just pasting it wrong. Ensure you are not currently editing text in the cell, that you don't have any TEXT in the cell selected, but the CELL ITSELF must be selected, and then hit paste. See attached video.