You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Canvas space outside Document canvas space

Hi All,

I am still new to Affinity range, so trying to learn new features and ways of working.

In the older generation e.g. DrawPlus, PagePlus, I would have 2 canvas areas. There would be a White area that is the Document canvas space. Whatever is placed here would be active (within borders of document). Then there is a Grey area surrounding the Document canvas. I would often drag objects there for intermediary use, edit, copy and paste items and change things. I would save this along with the document. Of course there is the Assets panel, but these objects are not for my Assets panel.

In the older generation I would see all my objects on Document canvas and outside. In the new generation e.g. Affinity Designer or Publisher, I can place objects in the Dark Grey surrounding the Document canvas space, BUT it is very difficult to see the objects in the Dark Grey area as objects seem "Invisible". Only if I guess where they are can I select them or hunt for them in the Layers panel.

Is this intended? Did I miss something? Is there a way to do what I used to do in the older suite in the Affinity range? Or do I need to change my work of working for new Affinity range?

Thanks in advance

Thanks guys for your quick replies. The keyboard shortcut "\" is really cool - hide and unhide objects that are outside the Document canvas. I only tried it in Affinity Designer, but that is a great solution for me. Thanks