You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feature Request: Add ability to lock and include Author info into PDF

I use Libre Office and in that application I have the ability to add pertinent information into the PDF itself so it can be read in the properties detail of the file when viewed from windows explorer -> properties.   I also have the ability to lock and password protect the PDF.   I understand that this is easily defeated and is not all that secure but I appreciate the ability to do this if and when I choose anyway.

In Publisher there is mention of "Security" but nothing is actually detailed about this in the help file and there is no UI access to any security features of any kind.  Which is confusing since the mention of new Security is in there but when clicking it goes to nothing related to security of any kind.

I would like to be able to include Author and other pertinent information within the saving options of PDF export as well as be given options to lock the file for changing, copying etc... just like Libre Office provides.  When I import the publisher created PDF into Libre Office the images and outline display different and image placeholder frames no longer contain the cropped image but instead shows the entire image with the outline of the image frame in the center of the image.  I am however allowed to secure and add information to the PDF and save it out but the layout is different.

Would be nice to include this ability in Publisher itself without need of 3rd party software, paid or free.