You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I work for a design agency that uses the Adobe CC suite (mainly Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign). With the constant increase in pricing and changes in membership from Adobe we are ready to "cut the cord". The Affinity product offerings look like they would be a great alternative. I would like to install and test the trial, starting with Illustrator alternative Designer. But the trial install won't work. Some weeks ago I installed it but didn't get the opportunity to test the product before the trial ran out. Business is slow right now and this gives me a great opportunity to reinstall and try it out. If the product meets our needs, we will convert all the desktops to Affinity software. I was told by Affinity to wait until the 1.7.1 update came out last week which should allow for trial reinstall. I've done this and still cannot re-run the trial. 

Here is what I've done: Uninstalled the original Affinity Designer - Downloaded and reinstalled Affinity Designer 1.7 - Got a message stating the trial had expired  - Uninstalled Designer 1.7 - Installed 1.7.1 - Got the same message about expired trial. 

How can I install and run any of the Affinity product's under the trial after having installed them previously? 

• Staff

@Kerch

We do not allow another 10 days each time there is a patch, but normally we reset the trial flag between major upgrades, say 1.5 to 1.6 or 1.6 to 1.7. However it appears the 10 day trial flag was not reset for the 1.7.0 release (over a 1.6 trial). We expect to get the trial flag reset for any forthcoming 1.7.x updates. Consequently this should actually work in your favour. I expect you will be able to use Designer and Photo trials again as 1.7.2 builds will see your 1.7.1 trial as a 1.6.x trial (so ignore that and allow 10 days more).

If you cannot wait for the release of 1.7.2 to try the trial, then I suggest you could buy a copy of Photo and Designer directly from the Affinity Store on a 14 day money-back basis

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon