hello guys,

i got a problem with my installation of Affinity Design (free trial).

everytime i install it, i get an failed setup command.(in german Fehler beim setup)

i read something in the forum about i need the newest version of microsoft .NET but i already installed it before and it doesnt work.

pls help me. i want to buy this software in the future 

thx for help.

regards Rumdopf:D

Unbenannt2.PNG.4de5448719e9a7d0c3fb2fbbac50f716.png

What do you mean by "you installed the latest .NET before and it doesn't work"? Do you just mean that it didn't help the Affinity install?

Some suggestions:

1. Reboot, then retry the installation.
  2. If that still fails, right-click on the installer file and choose Run as Administrator.
  3. If that still fails, press and hold the Windows key and then press R. In the run box, type %temp%\affinitysetup and that will display a directory containing the installation logs. Find the one with the latest date/time, and look in it for the Setup.log and SetupUI.log files. One of them should have some relevant error messages.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

10 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

What do you mean by "you installed the latest .NET before and it doesn't work"? Do you just mean that it didn't help the Affinity install?

Some suggestions:

1. Reboot, then retry the installation.
  2. If that still fails, right-click on the installer file and choose Run as Administrator.
  3. If that still fails, press and hold the Windows key and then press R. In the run box, type %temp%\affinitysetup and that will display a directory containing the installation logs. Find the one with the latest date/time, and look in it for the Setup.log and SetupUI.log files. One of them should have some relevant error messages.

i already had the newest version of .NET thats what i mean.

and this was in my SetupUI.log

+Requesting operation: SetupUI.InstallOperation
+Switching to page: Operation
+Starting MsiOperation
+Setting result page message: Fehler beim Setup
+Switching to page: Result
+Operation finished
+Main window close requested

mby you know the problem 

Sorry, I don't know the problem yet, but is there anything of interest in the Setup.log file?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

Hi Rumdopf,

check this location for me:

%temp%/AffinitySetup

To get to that location, call up the Run box by holding down the Windows key and tapping the letter R.  Copy and paste the above path into the run box and click okay.  That should open a folder, which should contain at least 1 other folder.  If there are more than one, find the latest one and open the folder, you should see 2 log files, setup.log and setui.log if you can upload those to our Dropbox here, i'll help further :)

On 6/23/2019 at 10:12 AM, stokerg said:

Hi Rumdopf,

check this location for me:

%temp%/AffinitySetup

To get to that location, call up the Run box by holding down the Windows key and tapping the letter R.  Copy and paste the above path into the run box and click okay.  That should open a folder, which should contain at least 1 other folder.  If there are more than one, find the latest one and open the folder, you should see 2 log files, setup.log and setui.log if you can upload those to our Dropbox here, i'll help further :)

hey, 

cant upload in this dropbox...dont know why

but i uploaded the setup files to this reply

Setup.log

SetupUI.log