You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Converting EPS to curves

58 minutes ago, bradleym2004 said:

When I import an EPS file into Publisher I'm not able to convert it curves (and then ungroup its elements).  "Convert to curves" is greyed out?  Will this feature be added in the future?  PagePlus has been able to do this for years.  It was so useful.

I think this is due to the fact that the EPS file is a container. Double click on it an see if it opens in a new tab. There you should have access to the EPS' elements as vector objects. You can copy them and paste them in your document. Afterwards you can delete the imported EPS file.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

You're right.  It is possible to open the container, then copy and paste the individual elements back into the document using this method. Bit clunky though.  This could so easily be added as an option to the context menu when right clicking on an EPS.  Just like it was in the old PagePlus.

Just now, bradleym2004 said:

You're right.  It is possible to open the container, then copy and paste the individual elements back into the document using this method. Bit clunky though.  This could so easily be added as an option to the context menu when right clicking on an EPS.  Just like it was in the old PagePlus.

I never worked with PagePlus so that I didn't miss this feature :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil