You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tools palette & Pen tool

I you turn off the tools palette (not toolbar), then it sometimes comes back as a floating palette. I loaded AD up a lot yesterday and think it did that twice. 

The pen tools, especially when 1.7 decides to bog down, for whatever reason it's doing that, then the pen tool starts to misbehave. If you are clicking to put down new nodes it doesn't always join them up instead it creates a number of segments instead. Very annoying. I gave up last night as it was doing it every few shapes and there was a really long delay before anything was updated on screen. I think I've only seen that when running on battery but that might be coincidence. Oh and the new behaviour where the last object is selected until you add a couple of nodes to the new object still gets in the way sometimes and should be optional (but not a bug I presume).

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi @VectorVonDoom,

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I could not replicate any of these issues. 

Showing/hiding the tools - You might accidentally press the "Dock" option, which is just above the Show tools option? 

Pen tool misbehaving is something we would like to reproduce so we can log it. Can you constantly replicate it on Battery? Are you using a MacBook/Pro/Air? 

Thanks,

Gabe.  

Sorry for my delay in replying too :) No the tools definitely were appearing on their own, but it's not exactly a big deal. I've just swapped to a new Windows laptop (I know yuk haha), but I was on my macbook pro with mojave up to date.

So far I've not experienced the same problems on the Windows version, the tools stay hidden and I've not noticed any pen problems so far. But on the macbook I was experiencing the segmented problem occasionally on mains too. It didn't have an obvious pattern, it just started bogging down at times and then misbehaving. The image does have a lot of objects so I expect it to become slower but the segmenting wasn't something I came across before 1.7.

I did try killing off every background app I had, dropbox etc, but I still had the problem and cpu usage wasn't anything out of the ordinary anyway.

I'm not sure how to easily replicate it.

Marc

ArtByMarc.me