You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7.0.367 Cancelling Task Bug

Hi,

I am currently working with a document that has many lines on a vector layer. Once I tried to use the node tool and selected join curves hoping to combine all lines to one ( I later realised that the function I needed, was under Layer->Geometry->Merge Curves ). After selecting join curves however the task seemed to have fulfilled its duty, but I could not click any other element in the layers panel.
Similarly I just tried to subtract one layer from another, but since the task took a long while, I just cancelled it via Escape, but now again I cannot click any other element in the layer panel as if the task is still running in background.
However, I am still able to use the other interface elements, such as history. But going back in history does not have any effect on the document. The only way to get back into working mode so far was, to close and reload the document.

See also attached GIF.

Let me know, if you need more information.

Best,

Martin

affinity-bug.gif

• 5 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Martin,

That does look like it could get a bit dangerous! Do you have a copy of the file you could attach prior to combining all the lines? If not do you have a file you can still reproduce it via Subtract that you could attach please? Please use the link to our internal Dropbox account below.
https://www.dropbox.com/request/MzYDAn404rKHdJPC8BwT

• 2 weeks later...

Uploaded a document with description on text layer. Actually I could not fully reproduce the issue, but it still appeared when I directly pressed ESC after using Subtract. It seems like as long as Subtract is still working in background, I cannot click any layers or change history. Seems like Escaping the task is activated pretty late, mabe because the task is still stuck in a along loop of many lines?

• Staff

Thanks for the file! I've just tried this myself and the subtract was nearly instant. Pressing Escape just added a 'Clear Selection' entry to the history. Did you try it with your cut down file? What are the specs of your machine as well?

• 2 weeks later...