So, the first hangup of working in 1.7, you can't snip off half of the Bezier curve.

It deletes both handles. So ppl are gonna have to learn how to approximate the middle of the curve and build that way.
I dont know if this was an unintentional change, but if it was made intentionally, It's not really ideal.

Thoughts?

image.png

MymFUhC.png

Draw your curve.

Click on the final node to remove leading handle.

Done.

1218017499_AffinityRemoveLeadingHandle.gif.ad98d6f66cde4a795b80b4c099d7ba19.gif

The status bar tells you all the actions / modifiers for the current tool and context.

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

18 hours ago, Aammppaa said:

Draw your curve.

Click on the final node to remove leading handle.

Done.

1218017499_AffinityRemoveLeadingHandle.gif.ad98d6f66cde4a795b80b4c099d7ba19.gif

The status bar tells you all the actions / modifiers for the current tool and context.

So, in summary, Alt+Clicking in the version of Affinity Designer that I was using removed the end handle of a point. When mousing over a point with the pen tool while holding Alt, the ^ icon was displayed, just like Adobe products, and it functioned the same way as Adobe products. Now, it deletes both handles. Maybe they removed a bug that I had thought was a feature? I had never simply clicked on the point before

Edited by Apartments247