Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello all

I evaluate AP 1.7 as a replacement for Lightroom but run in some very basic problems with raw file development.

1. When I develop one single raw file (DNG from Lightroom) AP writes a huge file (121MB versus 19MB original). This is no good. Is there a way to save the adjustments done in a fair way without using the alternative formats like tif, jpg etc. ?

2. I want to develop several  raw files (DNG from Lightroom) at once with a batch process and saving them in jpg or tif for further processing. However, I do not manage to apply the individually made macro in Photo Persona to process the RAW files in Photo Develop, although I can select the macro. Possibly the macros are not compatible? How can I process several raw files the same way?

3. Is it still not possible in AP to save adjustments made in single raw files in an undestructive way?

Thank you for your helpful answers.

Best regards,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would really help is some kind of library like in Lightroom. I think, photos are being streamed from the hard drive, which means that more files don't mean less performance.. this performance and speed (Efficiency, but with the ability to go more complex, including scientific parameters) thing is a real important thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi MaSp,

Welcome to the forums :) 

23 hours ago, MaSp said:

1. When I develop one single raw file (DNG from Lightroom) AP writes a huge file (121MB versus 19MB original). This is no good. Is there a way to save the adjustments done in a fair way without using the alternative formats like tif, jpg etc. ?

We've detected a file size bloating bug in the latest release and we're working to fix this currently!

23 hours ago, MaSp said:

 2. I want to develop several  raw files (DNG from Lightroom) at once with a batch process and saving them in jpg or tif for further processing. However, I do not manage to apply the individually made macro in Photo Persona to process the RAW files in Photo Develop, although I can select the macro. Possibly the macros are not compatible? How can I process several raw files the same way?

Unfortunately the batch process feature doesn't follow the same RAW processing as the Develop Persona, so we don't recommend batch processing RAW files.

You can however save a Preset in the Develop Persona, so you can quickly apply the same values to any RAW image opened.

23 hours ago, MaSp said:

3. Is it still not possible in AP to save adjustments made in single raw files in an undestructive way?

Not yet, but it's still a feature we'd like to implement in a future release :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×