Hi team, 

Letting you know when I open documents that were created in Designer (iPad Pro), my documents are all heavily pixelated in Photo. I can work with the documents in Photo as usual otherwise. I make changes and save it in Photo. When the documents are opened in Designer again (iPad), they appear perfectly sharp with the changes as well. 

Attached is an example.792DC7CD-7FB2-4A93-9A59-0FCDA03FA744.thumb.png.04c65e63fe8b6658f0e5435eaf2a88f3.png

At this zoom level, the banner should be perfectly sharp to the naked eye, even up close. The 50% bubble May show the pixelation most clearly. Compare the banner to Photo’s toolbar icons. Tried 2 other Designer documents in Photo, and the same thing happens.

Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo (iPadOS 13 Public Beta, iPad Pro 12.9” - 3rd & 2nd Gen)

I believe that Designer defaults to showing a vector view of projects (and allows you to see a pixel view), but Photo always displays in pixel mode. At least, that's what I've seen on the desktop versions.

Perhaps that's what you're seeing, too? If the iPad version of Designer supports the View Mode function, you might try pixel mode, or split mode, and see if that shows the same effect you get in Photo.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.499 Beta

15 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

I believe that Designer defaults to showing a vector view of projects (and allows you to see a pixel view), but Photo always displays in pixel mode. At least, that's what I've seen on the desktop versions.

Perhaps that's what you're seeing, too? If the iPad version of Designer supports the View Mode function, you might try pixel mode, or split mode, and see if that shows the same effect you get in Photo.

Hi Walt,

Good points. In Designer (iPad Pro), the main and split view modes work normally, including pixel split mode. Before v1.7, Photo had no pixelation when opening a Designer vector mode document. Designer documents used to appear in Photo, as they do in Designer. The pixelation in Photo has only happened in v1.7. 

Looking into more settings after work, to see if Photo has a bug since v1.7, or no longer supports vector mode by default.

Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo (iPadOS 13 Public Beta, iPad Pro 12.9” - 3rd & 2nd Gen)

The same pixelation occurs in 1.7.1 beta, so might be a setting change or simply not fixed yet.