You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

joining curves? (pen tool)

Hello all. Big congratulations to Serif for creatingand  releasing 1.7 version! I'm now looking to get into ADesigner. Since I primarilly used Illustrator for drawing and creating shapes, I immediatelly noticed big differences in how pen tool behaves. Things I have trouble with:

1. I can't simply select two curves and use pen tool to connect them? Curves remain seperated.

2. How can I delete a shape segment line? Since clicking on a curve creates a node, selecting a path/curve segment is not possible, the only way to delete a segment is to select two nodes that are forming it and then press 'break curve' in order to detach it from the rest of the curve. This is way too complicated  on the long run. In Illustrator you simply select the segment you want and press delete.

3. Joining two different curves at the end points of my choice? If I do this, AD simply connects two nodes that I don't want to be connected. I tried reversing the path/curve direction, but AD keeps joining the same two nodes that I don't want to be connected.

4. Pencil tool doesn't close the shape. Right now, I have to use 'sculpt mode' and redraw that segment in order to close the curve. Serif said in the release notes that this needs some more work if I'm not mistaken.

If you could give me some input about the issues, I would be grateful. Thanks for reading.

Hi,

1. Select the 2 end nodes you want to join and hit this button (sorry, with the update I can't open the Bêta version to switch it to english and have the usual tools names instead of French ones). 2019-06-07_074349.png.6876625cb4739f0cb9677e79e1a9b6b7.png

2. Add a node to this segment and hit the "Open the curve" button (first one in the same row), before hitting Delete.

3. It usually work fine with a "red node" and a regular one selected, unless the other end nodes of the curves are have less distance between them. The solution seems to be having less distance between the nodes we want to join (moving one of the node or adding nodes to one of the curves we want to join).

4. When drawing the last node on the first node of the curve, if the pen tool get a "o" before clicking; it should close the curve.