You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Issues found in v1.7.0

I have found the following issues with version 1.7 of Affinity Photo on iPAD Pro (12.9 inch 2nd Gen) iOS 12..3.1

1. Crash to desktop when using new Assets to insert a signature. (video attached)

2. Screen becomes unresponsive also pinch and pan doesn’t respond correctly. (video attached)

3. When I lock a layer I can still apply destructive edits to the layer!

4. In the last version when I was applying filters, I could use the before/after slider to check the result of the filter.  Once I was happy, I could turn it into a live filter so that I could tweak it later if required.
But now with you moving the live filter option, I cannot use the before/after slider to check results before making it live.  Can you please add the before/after slider to the live filters.

I’ll add more as I find them.

• Staff
9 hours ago, DeKay said:

1. Crash to desktop when using new Assets to insert a signature. (video attached)

I can reproduce this. It only happens when I try and place it over an image layer.

9 hours ago, DeKay said:

2. Screen becomes unresponsive also pinch and pan doesn’t respond correctly. (video attached)

We made the UI smaller and I think as a result, some of the buttons are harder to connect with. I logged this but nothing has happened yet. I don't seem to have an issue with gestures though...

9 hours ago, DeKay said:

3. When I lock a layer I can still apply destructive edits to the layer!

Locking a layer is purely to prevent you from moving the layer. You can still make destructive changes. This is by design and happens on the desktop apps too. 

9 hours ago, DeKay said:

4. In the last version when I was applying filters, I could use the before/after slider to check the result of the filter.

I guess the only way to do this now is to select the filter layer in the Layers Studio and toggle its visibility... Which isn't ideal (if you ask me). Also, if you pick a destructive filter and then enable Live filters and select the same filter, the context bar updates but Split view gets stuck on the screen which is definitely a bug. Leave this one with me...

If you find any new issues, would you mind posting them in a separate post as it makes it easier to manage for us and the developers :) Thanks so much! 

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

Locking a layer is purely to prevent you from moving the layer. You can still make destructive changes. This is by design and happens on the desktop apps too. 

I find this to be very strange behaviour.  I have been using AutoCAD since the mid 80’s and Photoshop for the last 15 years as well as other design & editing software and everyone of them locks everything on a layer when its locked.

With destructive editing, the last thing you want is the original base layer being edited by accident and not noticed until way down the track where its too late.

Is there any chance this can be looked at and an option to “fully lock” a layer added in the future?

• Staff
11 minutes ago, DeKay said:

I find this to be very strange behaviour.  I have been using AutoCAD since the mid 80’s and Photoshop for the last 15 years as well as other design & editing software and everyone of them locks everything on a layer when its locked.

With destructive editing, the last thing you want is the original base layer being edited by accident and not noticed until way down the track where its too late.

Is there any chance this can be looked at and an option to “fully lock” a layer added in the future?

This is the way it has always been. There are numerous feature requests to add something in Preferences or in the Assistant to fully lock the layer but nothing has ever been implemented.