You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Program closes on startup

Hi Mark,

I checked the path you said and so far no log file was created.

Also about the fonts, I use a program called FontBase that only loads the fonts when I have it open, so in this case it was close and no fonts loaded.

It's weird that Designer works just OK.

Also if you pay atention to the vídeo, the fonts seems to load normal and all the interface as well it closes just after the UI shows up... Like some sort of plugin or something that loads after the UI.. (I dont have anything else installed, plugins or else)

I did also tried uninstall, clear all the folders and files I could find  and re-install .. still the same.

@jeancnn,

Just curious if you had Beta 1.7.367 RC2 installed? This update used the same version numbers. I noticed that before running the update, so uninstalled the Beta. IDK, I just was concerned the update would get confused and try updating the Beta RC2 and not the main retail 1.6 version. FWIW, I have yet to have any issues from updating.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

@jeancnn, we enumerate the fonts in the background when the application starts - which might explain why the app initially starts, but then closes. I suggest disabling your font management application, or trimming down the number of fonts that you currently have installed, to see if it solves the problem. Let me know how you get on, then we can investigate further.

I have also fontbase installed with all fonts open, but have no problem loading at all.

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

@Mark Ingram, I have just made another vído to show that I do not have no extra fonts loaded when I try to run the program.

on the vídeo I try to load with and without the fonts loaded.

@Ron P. I believe I have the final release and not the RC2. Once I open the program it prompted me with the upgrade download, I clicked there and downloaded.

I will try download the latest beta and install as well to see if it has the same problem. (Last beta I tried had the same problem but I did not have time to report, sorry abt that.)

BTW for those who down know fontbase... it is an awesome program, you only load the fonts when needed. Highly recomended. 

Just to let you guys know.

I did just download the new update 1.7.0.380 beta and the program does not close on startup anymore.. I guess I will be using this one for now till they release a patch for the official 1.7

(Only did tested if the program closes at startup, did not have time to do other test... will keep you guys posted if I do find anything else.)