You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Does Affinity Photo support multi-core operation plugins

I have been having problems with some of my Photoshop compatible plugins, some work, some don't, even when they show as being available.

I wrote to the developer of the plugins that were not working "Redfield Plugins", and he has suggested that it is most likely an issue @ Affinity's end.

This is his reply "I suppose Affinity does not support multi-core operation plugins. The problem is not a problem of Redfield, it is a problem of Affinity. It is a good idea to send a message to Affinity support team."

I was a long-term user of Ps, and had no issues with a broad range of plugin/effects... now wanting to us Affinity Photo as my primary editor, would hope to know and see that all Ps designated plugins are able to operate within the affinity environment. Hopefully some one in Affinity product support can get this checked-out sooner rather than later. 

Redfield does not work in Affinity.jpg

Redfield other 8bf files in Adobe Ps plugin work in Affinity.jpg

Redfield plugins in Affinity Preferences.jpg

Redfield plugins in Affinity.jpg

Redfield 8bf files in Adobe Ps plugin.jpg

• Staff

Hi DavidJohn,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Affinity Photo only supports basic image filter plugins. Any other plugin types  - dealing with import/export/file formats/or relying on automation for example - are not supported. I haven't tried/tested any of the Redfield Plugins yet but if you have some working and others don't, you probably installed them all correctly but a few are indeed not supported. I have a (now a little outdated) list here that may help in case you have plugins from other developers. I will try to check a few from Redfield.