You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello everyone , 

I am new to this forum and Affinity and I am sure this topic is covered already somewhere in this forum. in anyway , lots of questions.

I am trying to get familiar with AP and I am currently running the trial version of AP  ( Ver: 1.6.11 ) on my Mac ( Mojave 10.14.4 ). 

After developing multiple RAW images , I cannot save as JPEG after developing  in the 'Develop Persona'. 

Is this because of the trial version?

I develop multiple pics , go to 'batch process' and under 'New Batch Job' click Add (Sources) , but it does not show the developed files to choose.

Sorry for the stupid question , but I read  , that AP has quite some issues with batch processing??

At first glance , I like AP if I could save my work!

3 minutes ago, Ralli said:

After developing multiple RAW images , I cannot save as JPEG after developing  in the 'Develop Persona'. 

A matter of semantics, we have to export the jpegs not 'Save As...' this is done either through the Export Persona or the menu item File > Export...

5 minutes ago, Ralli said:

I develop multiple pics , go to 'batch process' and under 'New Batch Job' click Add (Sources) , but it does not show the developed files to choose.

Have you saved the files? Photo can't read the open, developed documents until they are saved to a location on your hard drive. That threw me for quite a while.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Is there any reason why you cannot use a batch job for the entire process? You can create a batch job that will read each of a set of RAW files, develop them using the default preset, then apply one or more macros to them, before saving each as a jpeg.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Thank you for your help everybody. But that is tooo complicated for me. AP has some nice features that I really like. But saving criss cross all over the place....not for me.

With the current program I am using , I develop my pics , select them , specify a destination folder and bang on.

THX again

18 hours ago, Ralli said:

Thank you for your help everybody. But that is tooo complicated for me. AP has some nice features that I really like. But saving criss cross all over the place....not for me.

With the current program I am using , I develop my pics , select them , specify a destination folder and bang on.

THX again

How does that differ from what you would do in AP?

NB, in a batch job, you can specify the destination folder as you wish.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630